It’s that time of the year! King cakes and Paczkis are in the bakeries. Purple, Green and Gold beads are everywhere. Yes, You are right… It’s Mardi Gras! With Fat Tuesday, just around the corner, everyone is enjoying a little bit of indulgence.
Unable to make to New Orleans for Fat Tuesday? Don’t Worry! This simple DIY will bring a bit of Carnival magic to your Mardi Gras celebration!
What You Need:
- Plastic Mask (Any craft store has a variety of mask. For the tutorial, I used a half mask from Michaels.)
- Spray Paint (Optional – we used black.)
- Nail Polish (gold, purple, green, yellow)
- Bowl of water
- a toothpick or a disposable knife
- Paper towels (to help with clean up)
- Colorful ribbon
- Hot Glue (Optional – to help connect the ribbon)
- Spray paint your mask. I used matte black. ** This step is optional**
- Gather all your needed materials – Mask, nail polish, toothpick, Bowl of water, paper towels.
- Drip and drizzle the nail polish into the water. Make sure to work fast!
- Use your stir stick or toothpick to mix the nail polish into a marbleized pattern. ***Work Fast, the Nail polish will start harden if not.***
- Once you have an interesting pattern, drip your mask into bowl.
- Depending on the size of your bowl, You may need to repeat step 3-5. ( I have to dip my mask 5 times to cover the entire surface.)
- Allow the mask to dry. Cut 2 ribbons long enough to tie around your head. Loop the ribbon in the slot on the side of the mask and hot glue or tie the ribbon together.
Whether you wear your mask or use it as decor for your party, this simple DIY will add a bit of excitement to any Mardi Gras celebration!
P.S. – Don’t forget to wear your Taylor or McKenzie in Iris or Lemon. Perfect for any Mardi Gras event!